Woodfold accordion bifold doors are advantageous for both home and business settings. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the advantages to installing one in your family or company – such as Woodfold’s 220 model.
What are accordion doors?
Accordion doors, also known as bi-folding doors, consist of pairs of large panels that can be folded back and forth on a hinge to provide privacy for an opening in your home. This type of door come with several styles including those made from wood, steel fiberglass composites such as hardboard siding material (which has the look and feel of traditional cedar shingle) and vinyl laminates which can either mimic any type of wood, or be made in a solid color.
The accordion door provides easy privacy while providing natural temperature regulation by folding out completely at will.
When should you use an accordion door?
There are many situations to use an accordion door. Some of them include saving space, soundproofing, insulation, and more. Here are just some of the many uses and benefits of installing accordion doors:
- Accordion doors are an excellent and stylish way to add functionality, space, and insulation.
- They can be installed on any opening in your home but they’re especially good for closets or bedrooms where you want a quick fix without permanently changing the layout of the room.
- They are versatile and affordable door option for any space needing privacy, soundproofing or security. The design of accordion doors is simple – they can be made out of wood or metal- which makes them the perfect choice for an accordion style that will do anything you need it to.
- Accordion doors come with many different features, and Woodfold has a variety of models to suit pretty much any use. Some can provide see-through screens in public areas, others offer total secrecy at home, even from prying eyes looking through your window! For further peace of mind when you’re away on vacation, these durable louvered panels offer top notch levels of every type of protection: some function as windows providing visibility without compromising privacy; others provide complete blockage against intruders who might want to peek inside commercial spaces.
- Certain accordion doors top off that privacy with a security lock.
- You’ll find that accordion doors are easy to clean, maintain, and very durable. They are proudly made in the Pacific Northwest by skilled craftsmen, and Woodfold itself has the talking point of being an employee-owned company.
- The doors are even easy to install, requiring no floor tracks.
- Woodfold doors come in many hardwood finishes, as well as vinyl laminates which can be made in any style from a classic woodgrain like Oak or Maple, to crisp white laminate with modern appeal. These styles will enhance your space, while the doors continue to provide function through privacy and security. Heck, you could even get Woodfold to print your own completely custom graphic! As in, a mural.
- All doors are made to order. The mounting process is customized per installation opening size, so you can get Woodfold to make it to pretty much any size you want. Some models even have the option of track systems for mounting on curved tracks!
By investing in a quality accordion door from Woodfold, you can keep your office space soundproof for both yourself and coworkers. Likewise, if you’re looking to create a more private home theater experience or offer some privacy between the bedroom and bathroom corridor? Their products have just what it takes.
Woodfold Accordion Doors – Specialty Doors has your Woodfold door made to spec, so your project turns out exactly as you want it. This makes it easier to utilize Woodfold’s world-famous customization. Not only will their doors meet any of your needs, but also provide long lasting durability while adding an attractive element into any room.